Whether it’s your gear or ours all riding apparel must be deemed safe before you are granted access to the circuit. The minimum gear requirements are as follows:
If you have any questions regarding your riding gear’s suitability for Phillip Island Ride Days, please contact us on 0490 281 840 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leather jacket and leather pants which fully zip securely together (no textile clothing permitted);
- Leather motorcycle boots (boots must come up to at least mid calf height, have hard reinforced ankle support and overlap pants or pants must overlap boots, so as no skin or other clothing can be seen);
- Leather motorcycle gloves – gloves with carbon fibre or Kevlar knuckling and/or palms are strongly recommended (gloves must overlap jacket sleeves i.e. no wrist length gloves);
- Full-face helmet of minimum Australian AS1698 standards (or equivalent), be undamaged and in good condition with the visor correctly secured. Refer to manufacturer specifications for detailed information regarding safety issues such as, helmet age, correct fitting and usage, and recommended replacement criteria.
- Back protectors are not mandatory but strongly recommended.
We do NOT allow titanium or "sparky" knee sliders on the track